City of Los Angeles
High School Math Proficiency Final
Name: __________________________________ Gang: ________________
1. Johnny has an AK-47 with a 30 round clip. If he misses 6 out of 10 shots and shoots 13 times at each drive-by shooting, how many drive-by shootings can he attempt before he has to reload?
2. Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine and he sells an 8-ball to Jackson for $350 and 2 grams to Billy for $85 per gram, what is the street value of the balance of the cocaine if he doesn’t cut it?
3. Jick-Ice is pimping for three girls. If the price is $65 per trick, how many tricks will each girl have to turn so he can pay for his $800 per day crack habit?
4. Jarome wants to cut his half-pound of heroin to make a 200% profit. How many ounces of cut will he need?
5. Willie gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy, and $100 for a 4X4. If he has stolen two BMWs and eight 4X4s, how many Chevys will he have to steal to make the total $2000?
6. Raoul is in prison for one year, two months for murder. He got $10,000 for the hit. If his common law wife is spending $100 per month, how much money will be left when he gets out of prison, and how much time will he get for killing the *censored* when he gets out?
7. If the average spray can covers 22 square feet and the average tag sign is 3 square feet, how many tags can the artiste spray with three cans of paint? (Assume none is used for sniff.)
8. Hector knocked up six of the 27 girls in his gang. What percentage of the girls has Hector knocked up?